Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Hast thou not heard?


Isaiah 40:28 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.
Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard about GodTube? Sounds sort of farfetched, right? Sounds like a play on the name of the popular video-sharing website Youtube, right? Well, you are exactly right. The basic premise of GodTube is a YouTube for christians. Kinda of a novel idea I thought, but evidently not everybody thinks so. This blogger apparently has some issues with GodTube. Some of his points are well-taken and duly noted, but like he suggests you need to first check out GodTube for yourself before even reading his opinion. Personally, I haven't looked at even one video, but I already know I am going to be going there just as much or more than Youtube. Not that I visit Youtube all that much anyway, I really got interested in Youube when I discovered some vintage video footage of the late Rev. C.L. Franklin and from there I found a lot of videos of preaching and teaching on the site. I would imagine that there will even be more of these type of videos on GodTube once the word gets out. And that why I am talking about it now, to do my part in evangelizing for the Lord by letting everybody know about this website. I am confident GodTube will be a great depository of entertaining and informative videos documenting the depth and breadth of Christian life. I know I am not going to like, be interested in, or even theologically agree with every video, in fact I am sure some videos will offend my Christian sensibilities, but at least I will not be tempted and assailed by the filth, vulgarity, and inanity of much that passes as entertainment on Youtube. In a word, I will feel safer on GodTube. See you there. PTL.

[Posted with hblogger 2.0 http://www.normsoft.com/hblogger/]

0 Comments: